Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission (LRWSC) has a permanent part-time opportunity for a Transfer Station Operator to join our team at the Prentiss Transfer Site, working Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, 9AM - 5PM (24 hours per week).
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Transfer Station Operator will perform a variety of duties, including operating equipment at the site, performing minor preventative maintenance duties of the equipment, assisting the public, etc.
The preferable start date is February 7, 2022, however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate various types of equipment at the site (i.e. skid steer)
- Assist, direct and educate our customers in proper waste disposal methods;
- Manage the burn pit and change out the bins;
- Conduct visual inspections of loads as needed to prevent disposal of prohibited materials;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the site;
- Perform minor preventative maintenance duties, such as greasing and oiling;
- Operate the scales to properly weigh vehicles;
- Participate in workplace safety initiatives and meetings and reporting to work fit for duty.
See PDF file for more information: Transfer Station Operator Jan 2022 - Prentiss.pdf
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.