Town of Eckville
The Town has begun a weekly residential blue box recycle program, and the two recycle bins have been moved to the Eckville Transfer Station. The following materials are collected:
- Cardboard, newspapers, magazines and other similar paper products
- Assorted plastic soft drink containers
- #1 and #2 Plastics
- Tin/Aluminum cans
Containers must be rinsed. Non-acceptable recycling are Styrofoam, wires and cables, glass and contaminated fiber.
- Rinse and remove caps, labels and lids from all glass items.
- Rinse and remove labels from all cans.
- Remove labels and loose lids from tin cans and dispose separately.
- Rinse, remove labels and caps and crush Code "2" plastic containers.
- All cardboard should be flatted, with metal staples / tape / waxed paper / plastic packing slip removed.
What can't you recycle?
- Aerosol containers
- Motor oil containers
- Foil containers
- Hazardous waste
- Styrofoam, including egg containers
- Containers with food products inside
Contaminating recycling could result in the entire load being landfilled.
Find more information about the Town of Eckville's recycling program here: http://www.eckville.com/