Alix Mirror Transfer Station
Two recycling containers are provided at the transfer station located 1/2 mile south of Hwy 50 on Alix North Road. The following materials are collected:
- Cardboard, newspapers, magazines and other similar paper products
- Assorted plastic soft drink containers
- #2 HDPE Natural & coloured plastic bottles, plastic containers, plastic pails
- #3-7 Injection plastics (tetra packs & shrink wrap)
Containers must be rinsed. Non-acceptable recycling are Styrofoam, wires and cables, glass and contaminated fibre.
- Rinse and remove caps, labels and lids from all glass items.
- Rinse and remove labels from all cans.
- Remove labels and loose lids from tin cans and dispose separately.
- Rinse, remove labels and caps and crush Code "2" plastic containers.
- All cardboard should be flatted, with metal staples / tape / waxed paper / plastic packing slip removed.
What can't you recycle?
- Aerosol containers
- Motor oil containers
- Foil containers
- Hazardous waste
- Styrofoam, including egg containers
- Containers with food products inside