Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission (LRWSC) has a permanent full-time opportunity for a Transfer Station Equipment Operator to join our team at the Prentiss Transfer Site, working Monday - Friday, 10AM - 6PM (40 hours per week).
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Transfer Station Equipment Operator will perform a variety of duties, including operating equipment at the site, driving truck to transport waste, performing minor preventative maintenance duties of the equipment, assisting the public, etc.
The preferable start date is July 2, however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate various types of equipment at the site (i.e. skid steer)
- Assist, direct and educate our customers in proper waste disposal methods;
- Manage the burn pit and change out the bins;
- Conduct visual inspections of loads as needed to prevent disposal of prohibited materials;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the site;
- Drive a LRWSC truck to transport and dispose of household/kitchen waste;
- Operate the scales to properly weigh vehicles;
- Participate in workplace safety initiatives and meetings and reporting to work fit for duty.
See PDF file for more information: pdf LRWSC Transfer Station Operator Job.pdf (629 KB)
Please forward your resume, cover letter and hourly rate expectations to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.