Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission (LRWSC) is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to carry out a variety of administrative and accounting support duties required for the operation of the LRWSC. This is a permanent position based out at the new office located at the Prentiss Transfer Station. The anticipated start date for this position is the beginning of February, 2018.
This position may be filled by 2 part-time individuals or by 1 full-time individual. The normal work schedule for this position is 7 hours per day, Monday through Friday, from 9am - 4:30pm. The start and end times are flexible for the right candidate(s).
The ideal candidate(s) will bring personal initiative, have good attention to detail and strong computer skills (especially in all Microsoft Office products). Experience using Sage Accounting software is an asset. We’re looking for someone who has effective customer skills, is able to successfully manage multiple projects on the go, and who has a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of basic accounting procedures.
A snapshot of what you will do:
- Perform general reception duties: operate the telephone switchboard and assist customers;
- Provide administrative support: prepare and maintain files, photocopy, draft letters and reports, etc.;
- Prepare and process account receivables and account payables;
- Compile information for Board meetings: prepare draft agendas and presentations, put together meeting packages, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Grade 12 diploma plus post-secondary certificate or diploma in accounting, finance, or a related field, or significant experience with performing general office duties, including reception and general accounting duties;
- A high degree of proficiency with using computers. Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Sage Accounting software;
- Able to attend evening meetings (average of 1 meeting every 3 months);
Why work for LRWSC?
LRWSC offers a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, a health/wellness spending account, a defined benefit pension plan, and a supportive work environment.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary expectations and work schedule preference by January 9, 2018 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please note - all applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. Competition may remain open until filled.