Town of Eckville
The Town has begun a weekly residential blue box recycle program, and the two recycle bins have been moved to the Eckville Transfer Station. The following materials are collected:
- Corrugated cardboard and box board, including cardboard boxes, cereal and food boxes (remove and discard liner), milk cartons (rinse and flatten), shoe boxes and brown paper bags and juice boxes.
- HDPE # 2 plastics such as juice and bleach containers, or milk/water jugs
- Tin cans and aluminium cans and containers
- Glass bottles
- Rinse and remove caps, labels and lids from all glass items.
- Rinse and remove labels from all cans.
- Remove labels and loose lids from tin cans and dispose separately.
- Rinse, remove labels and caps and crush Code "2" plastic containers.
- All cardboard should be flatted, with metal staples / tape / waxed paper / plastic packing slip removed.
What can't you recycle?
- Aerosol containers
- Motor oil containers
- Foil containers
- Hazardous waste
- Styrofoam, including egg containers
- Containers with food products inside
Find more information about the Town of Eckville's recycling program here: http://www.eckville.com/